Tuesday, February 2, 2010

February 2nd, 2010: To Jeuno and San Andreas and Back Again

Well, not quite back again, but I did go pretty far for a guy rockin' level eight (although admittedly it was seven by the time I reached San Andreas - er, San d'Oria.




This was the first airship I saw, and I was a little disappointed I couldn't just hop right on. But it was inspiring, so I decided to go exploring. There wasn't a whole lot to see in the Gustabergs on the surface of things, but shortly after I did stop long enough to chill with a fallen comrade (who thanked me for stopping after warping back to his Home Point).




The first notable thing I came across was this big ol' crag in the Konschtat Highlands. From there I glanced at my map, the last area I had a map for, and rolled into the Passhow Marshlands, because it sounded tasty and made me think of marshmellows. Turns out it was full of big, intimidating things that scared the crap outta me, but I kept on runnin'.

Yunami caught up to me around here via chocobo, but then fled the scene to join her cohorts elsewhere!




I finally made it through Rolanberry to Jeuno, and this was the first time I realized the game was a lot bigger than it let on! There were people everywhere, and it was pretty cool to see. Of course, everything was super expensive and the place was surrounded with monsters far beyond my level, so I just couldn't say.




After a brief and quick death at the hands of a Skink, I decided to go the other way and ended up in Jugner Forest. A few more deaths took place here, till I finally made it to La Theine Plateau. There was some gorgeous scenery!




After spotting another crag and realized there must be something to these things, I died again, and was graciously raised by a passing mage. From across the world Yunami advised me to head towards San d'Oria. This little taru was sitting off in the middle of nowhere, so I asked him how to get to the main road to San Andreas, and he graciously showed me the way - thanks Minute!




The place was far prettier than the Gustabergs, I'll say! Much more fantastic than the dusty area outside of Bastok. Here I met up with Yunami and her friend Agorako, and we made a new acquaintance, Dissonum. He's the kinda guy who has a way of treating a woman that makes me feel like a moron beside him, but he seems like a nice enough guy all things considered.




And so, after a little exploring and some brief killing, it was time to call it a night! Might be staying here a while, it's much easier on the eyes than Bastok!

No comments:

Post a Comment